Several AVC faculty members have received prestigious honours and awards for their contributions to veterinary medicine, teaching, and research:
- Dr. Dan Hurnik received the Canadian Animal Health Coalition’s 2012 Carl Block Award for his contributions to the Canadian swine industry and to veterinary medicine.
- Drs Ian Dohoo and Gerry Johnson were named Professors Emeritus at UPEI.
- Dr. Ian Dohoo was awarded an honorary Doctor of Science degree from the University of Guelph. He also received the Calvin W. Schwabe Award for Lifetime Achievement from the Association for Veterinary Epidemiology and Preventive Medicine, and the Prince Edward Island Veterinary Leadership Award from the PEIVMA.
- Dr. Hans Gelens received the Canadian Veterinary Medical Association’s 2012 Small Animal Practitioner Award for significant contribution to the advancement of small animal medicine, surgery, or the management of a small animal practice, including the advancement of the public's knowledge of the responsibilities of pet ownership.
- Dr. Tim Ogilvie of AVC received a Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Medal in recognition of his commitment to academic leadership and excellence. Dr. Ogilvie is immediate past Dean and a founding faculty member at AVC, and a past-president of the CVMA.